Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Field Commander Try-outs

Field Commander Try-Outs are coming up in May. I am so excited and yet so nervous at the same time. I am competing with a good conductor and musician as well which makes me very nervous because I really really want this. I know that I am a quite person and everything but I'm telling you I know I can do this job. People keep asking me why I want to be a field commander and here is the answer:
I want to be a field commander because I know that this band has so much potential and every time they play I listen to them and in a way you can hear what they are feeling and if you listen really closely you can hear so much potential. I want to be the person they look up to on that field when they are nervous. I want to lead them to the best that they can be and I want to give back to this program all the opportunities that it has given me over the past 3 years. I know that at first I will be nervous and scared, but I can promise you that I will get over that fear. I know also that I will mess up but everyone messes up and if I mess up I will not be ashamed of it, I will just show them that making mistakes are great because you learn from it and you can go back and fix it. This is why I want to be the Apollo Marching Eagles Field Commander.

That is my answer. I really really want this! And I will practice so hard! But I am not going to say that I am going to be it because the other person is good as well. So on May 12 we will see who will be the Field Commander for the Apollo 2010-2011 marching season.

No comments:

Post a Comment